Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mya Update!


It has been so long since I have posted on our blog. I always have good intentions of keeping these types of things updated, but as usual I have not done such a good job. At the end of the night, once the kids are in bed, I have a million other things to do. For instance, right now I should be getting things ready for Mya's first day of preschool. She is so excited. I know she is 4 and a half and many people have hinted that she should have already been going, but I wanted to keep her home with me as long as possible. Admitting that she is ready to start preschool means that she is no longer my baby and that she can do things without me!!! I need to get a grip, I know! As you can see from the picture, she loves bowling with her dad, swimming, hanging out with her "baby boy" as she calls Trey, and doing anything crafty. She is working on reading and last night she read her first word. Not the first word that we had in mind, and hopefully it isn't an indication of what is to come. We were watching the Olympics and the TV was on mute and the word VISA flashes across the screen and I hear her say "VI...SA. Anyway, she starts preschool tomorrow and soccer next week. Andre went out and bought her all the gear. We could have done it all for $20 but Andre insisted on her having the best stuff and came home with a $60 receipt. Oh well, I guess that is how it is going to be married to a coach!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Greyson is starting preschool to next week, so I can share in (some) of your sadness. (There are days, though, that I will jump for joy b/c he is in preschool.) Cooper and I will have a blast those 2 half days a week. Anyways, Mya sounds like such a great big sister. I can't wait to hear all about her soccer skills. With parents like you 2, she will rock the field!

Julie said...

Also, LOL at the first werd she read. That is hilarious! Hopefully it's not a sign of the future:)

Julie said...

Ok, seriously I know how to spell Word. I had 2 toddlers pulling at my hands while I was trying to type.

Anonymous said...

Bri and Andre it is great to be able to keep up with what is going on. We are settling into our new jobs and school starts for us on the 25th. God bless you both and the kids. They truly are a blessing from God.
Andy and Elda Robinson
Vallejo, CA.